Art: noun the expression or application of human creative skill and application, typically in a visual form such as a painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
Art is a privilege that we all have to express ourselves and our feelings. I have always found peace in coming home after a stressful day and doodling, or maybe coloring. It’s almost calming in a way, all you have on your mind is all the beautiful colors you are starting to see appear on your paper, and what it will turn out to be.
There are 5 big reasons I have found on why art is good for you, your soul, and the world
- Art Generates A Love For Learning & Creativity: Art gives you a chance to explore parts of yourself maybe you did not know existed. It teaches risk taking, and being open to how things may turn out different from what you originally wanted them to. It helps you learn to be more passionate and curious.
- Art Develops The Whole Brain: It is proven that art increases attention, strengthens focus, requires practice, develops hand-eye coordination, and interacting with the world using mediums and tools. I feel strongly that art is mentally a good thing for not just kids, but everyone to do.
- Art Supports Your Emotional Intelligence: Art really supports the expression of feelings that maybe you can’t put into words. Art helps you discover joy in one’s self, and often you’ll be surprised. I personally know that in some cases situations and feelings are very hard to express in just words. There are usually such strong feelings behind a piece of artwork you may think is just something pretty. I am hoping to go to college for Art Therapy, which is a major where you learn how to help people express themselves through the power of art.
- Art Teaches Problem Solving: Art challenges our beliefs and encourages us to be open-minded. It helps us think, and realize that there is more than one answer to a problem. It forces us to really get creative and to use our crazy imagination.
- Art Is Eternal: Self-expression and creativity has always been essential to our humanity. Going back to beginning of time, our earliest expressions were recorded in petroglyphs, cave paintings, and ancient sculptures. Imagination has always been apart of our world, and we should value it.
I hope this was some cool information that you guys can read about, and hopefully will inspire you to start getting creative, thinking outside of the box, and start making art!