Mandalas are absolutely, one of the most beautiful art figures I have ever seen. Every single one is very unique, just like a snowflake! There’s several different sizes and designs, not to mention the line work is always so free and whimsical but yet, so complex. There’s so much that makes up a Mandala, especially the meaning.
Mandala means circle. In Buddhism and Hinduism, mandalas solely represent the whole universe and our very strong relation to it. For instance, they were and are still used as meditation tools, to help man be one with the universe.
Creating mandalas can be your own form of meditation too. Mandalas are so visually appealing that they are able to absorb your mind to the point where you’re at an absolute spiritual state so no negative thoughts can pass through. That’s the mandala’s power! They’re supposed to hypnotize you to bring you to a higher consciousness. This allows your mind to feel lighter, more calm and free.
What’s another awesome fact about mandalas? Any color you want to use to create one adds several different meanings to your mandala!
- red – strength, high energy and passion
- orange – creativity, transformation, self-awareness and intuition
- yellow – learning, wisdom, laughter and happiness
- green – physical healing, psychic ability, love of nature and caring
- blue – emotional healding, inner peace and meditation
- purple – all things spiritual
- pink – love, intuition and femininity
- white – spiritual focus
- black – mystery, deep thinking and individuality
Hopefully this can help you get started on creating your own